Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I heart lists!

Recently, I have been planning a big camping party for about 25 girls between the ages of 8 and 12 at my church. I am so excited for the party and I have had a blast planning the whole thing! During this process though, a characteristic of my personality, which some believe borders on obsession, has been brought to light. I love, love, love to make lists! This is just how I get things done and get ideas out of my brain to keep them from driving me insane all day/night long. The total number of lists for the planning of this overnight event currently stands at 7. Each list has its own purpose and has and will continue to serve me well. I have the original list of ideas for party favors, games and food (1), the list of things needed for each of those ideas (2), the list of things that I need to do for the party, broken down by day from the time I started this until the day of the party (3), a detailed shopping list broken down by store (4), a list of questions I need to ask church administration before the event (5), a list of things that I need to take from my house to the church (6), and, finally, an updated and more detailed list of things I need to do to get ready for the party (7). Yeah, I can admit it, I have obsessive compulsive tendencies, but I absolutely cannot stand it when I have a great idea or think of something I need to do, but can't remember what it was an hour later. So, to prevent insanity, I make lists. Granted, the vast number of lists I have made for a relatively small event, is a little excessive, but I have used each one on numerous occasions. To all of my listmaking friends out there, LIST AWAY!

2 comments:

Chelley N said...

Haha, love it! I'm so happy you have joined the blogworld! I'm adding you to my blogroll...

Kilee said...

It's not borderline. It's there. :) Reading the lists is always fun to do. To see what all you need to do. But I always lose mine :(